Friday, December 27, 2013

CHA CHA CHA CHANGES

So it is 3pm on December 27 2013. I made it threw the holiday season somewhat alive. I have been so busy the past 2 months with getting gifts ready for Christmas that I gave little thought to the fact that my birthday passed by and I was working. Now normally I am the one who lives to celebrate day number 1 for and with. But this year I just could not really stop to think much more then the tasks of daily life and creating. Now most people would say "Oh how sad you forgot to stop and smell the roses!" But if you ask someone well like me they will say "I was so far up the rose's ass I smelled the farts before they came." When I am in that mind set of creating it takes you to almost another world. You see things in a different hue and light. Now I do not know if this is my crazy head just working out the kinks or what. But when I go there it is magical. What was the point I was trying to make on this post?

Ah yes it was talking about changes I want to make and things I really want to get moving. When making the gifts I made this holiday season I was always on google looking for patterns and many times I never found that one pattern that made me say "HOT DAMN LOOK AT THAT PATTERN, I WANT TO MAKE THAT!" So I just took a skein of yarn and a hook and went to town and before ya knew it I had some nice looking stuff. IE... the poncho I made for my daughter. Now I learned the pattern from youtube. And i hated the outcome. (And one of my teachers in high school said to me "You must learn the rules and love them before you can break them" I know she does not really know it cause I was one of the kids in class that just talked if I really had to. But She gave me a gift that no one else ever could. The gift to love what you do. And for that I will be forever greatfull. That and I am greatfull she never kicked me out of the choir because yes I think I have a voice that can at times sound good but I was no one big. Just a small town girl with dreams as big as the sky and the imagination to match those dreams.) So with what I had just learned from youtube I made my own pattern. And the outcome was beautiful. Then the ladybug I made for my daughter I searched high and low for a fast pattern of a crochet ladybug pillow pet and could not find one to save my life. (I also want to add I made this Christmas eve and a whim.) I was yet again faced with the problem of not being able to find that pattern. So I just started to crochet and the outcome was this.

And if you wanted to see the outcome of the poncho here is that too.



So with all this creativeness flowing in my little head, I came back to the idea of wanting to get more then just my family seeing my work. And my all time wish in life in the business side of things is find a way to make money doing what I love not what I have to so i can bring home a sad paycheck and miss the time with my family. Now this is where the change of things comes in. I will be writing more. I love to write always have. I love to talk and well writing is talking quietly. (At least in my twisted mind) So my goals for 2014 is to get Soucy Creations up and running so I too can provide for my family and write more. Stop holding back what is in my head let the world know just I think. Do people have to read it NO not at all. But to keep myself sane I will just write and create like there is no tomorrow. Now lets just hope this is the real thing and not one of my "Oh wow this is a great idea" moments that I cannot seem to get above the water line.

No comments:

Post a Comment